Minitonas-Bowsman Minutes – September 1, 2015

Regular Meeting of the members of Council of the Municipality of Minitonas-Bowsman held in Council Chambers, in Minitonas, Manitoba this 1st day of September, 2015 A.D. at 7:00 p.m.

Reeve –C. Eisner
Councillors: G. Bartel, J. Caruk, C. Densen, L. Hutman, L. Mychalchuk & S. Walmsley
C.A.O. – K. Chartrand

7:00 pm – Ron Kostyshyn – MLA Swan River
8:00 pm – Jason Delaurier – Rec District

Additions to Agenda:
4.12 – Nuisance Grounds
4.13 – Lagoon Financial Statement
4.14 – Dog Complaint
4.15 – Website
5.7 Bowsman Shop

1. L. Mychalchuk – L. Hutman
RESOLVED THAT the Agenda be adopted as amended.

2. G. Bartel – C. Densen
RESOLVED THAT the minutes of the Regular Meeting of Council held on August 18th, 2015 shall be adopted as circulated.

3. S. Walmsley – J. Caruk
RESOLVED THAT the Financial Statement for the month ending August 31st, 2015 shall be approved as presented.

4. J. Caruk – L. Hutman
RESOLVED THAT the Council of the Municipality of Minitonas-Bowsman does hereby approve the Staff Expense Reports as submitted.

5. S. Walmsley – L. Mychalchuk
RESOLVED THAT the members of the Municipality of Minitonas-Bowsman Council do hereby agree to go `In Camera` as a Committee of the Whole in accordance with Subsection 152 (3)(b)(ii) of The Municipal Act, and with respect to Employee matters.

6. G. Bartel – J. Caruk
RESOLVED THAT we do agree to return to reopen the meeting to the public in accordance with Subsection 152(4) of the Municipal Act.

7. C. Densen – G. Bartel
RESOLVED THAT the Council for the Municipality of Minitonas-Bowsman does hereby agree to continue past curfew by majority of council in accordance with the current Procedures By-Law.

8. L. Mychalchuk – S. Walmsley
WHEREAS a request has been made for consideration of a “Special Rate” for usage of the Town Hall:
THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED THAT the attached “Special Rate” shall be adopted as requested.

9. G. Bartel – L. Hutman
RESOLVED THAT we do hereby approve the attendance of the CAO and Assistant CAO at the MMAA District Meeting in Grandview, MB on September 22, 2015 and;
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED THAT all applicable expenses related to said meeting will be paid in accordance with current Municipal Policies and By-Laws.

10. J. Caruk – G. Bartel
WHEREAS the Municipality provides a Health and Dental Plan to their employees and;
WHEREAS the Municipality has received a proposal from another provider which Council feels would be a better benefit to the employees.
THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED THAT we do hereby agree to terminate the current plan and implement a new plan as per the attached.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED THAT the Municipality will continue to pay 66% of the cost and the employee will be responsible for the remaining 34%.

11. J. Caruk – C. Densen
RESOLVED THAT we do now adjourn at 12:27 a.m. to meet again on September 15th, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. for the next regular meeting of council.